- The Haven: Kristin Lindberg, quality manager at The Haven, has been named Social Worker of the Year by the Arizona Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers. Lindberg has more than 20 years of experience in a variety of clinical settings. In addition to providing clinical supervision of staffers, Lindberg conducts individual therapy sessions for clients and oversees field placements for masters-level interns. The Haven, a Tucson nonprofit, provides outpatient and residential services for women recovering from alcohol and drug dependency.
- Drexel Heights Fire District: The Fire District was awarded nearly $1,000 to purchase more than 100 youth bicycle helmets from the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety. The GOHS Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Program’s goal is to reduce the incidences of pedestrian and bicycle fatalities and injuries on roadways and in school zones through enforcement, education, and public awareness throughout the state of Arizona. The grant project with DHFD will provide bicycle helmets to youth with the helmets specifically fitted for them, as well as educating them on the importance of safety.
- Realty Executives Tucson Elite: The agency won the 2017 Extraordinary Brokerage Award from Realty Executives International. The award is given annually to only one Realty Executives franchise worldwide. The Tucson company — run by CEO Jeff Murtaugh, President John Dwyer, and Vice President Mark Shinn — has grown by over 600 percent over the last five years.
- United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona: The organization received a $100,000 grant from Family Housing Resources. The grant will be used on a variety of programs such as Operation United and the work of the Financial Stability department. The grant will also enable the United Way to reach more families with children who are at-risk of eviction or have difficult family situations that make them vulnerable to homelessness through the Family Stability Project. In addition, a portion of the grant will be used to match funds for an initiative with the Siemer Foundation.
- Paragon: The company’s business operations officer/Chief Financial Officer, Joel Johnson, won the 2017 Executive Excellence Award for COO of small/medium companies from Inside Tucson Business. The award honors the outstanding top executives in the community that make a significant impact in their industry and community. Johnson has been part of Paragon’s executive team since 2007 and has helped guide Paragon through an Inc 500 recognized 60%+ Compound Adjusted Growth curve.
Submit items to email@example.com; please use “Biz Awards” in the email subject line and include photos in JPEG format. Sign up for a weekly update of business headlines at Tucson.com/business