Editor's note: This story was last updated on March 30.
Although Tucson-area schools (and all schools statewide) are closed until the end of the school year, many school districts are making sure kids in the community still have access to free breakfast and lunch.
All locations, unless otherwise noted in the details below, are distributing free meals to all children ages 18 and under and there are no income requirements, but children must be present at pick up.
We'll keep this list updated as more information becomes available or changes.
We know that in some other cities, franchised and local restaurants and other community organizations are also offering free meals for kids, if you hear of any send us an email and we'll add those to this list.
Tucson Unified School District
TUSD will deliver grab-and-go breakfast and lunch via 12 different bus routes and at 113 stops throughout the city. Each bus will remain at the designated stop or bus bay on its route for 10 minutes and any child 18 and under can get a free meal. Children must be present to get their meal.
When: Monday-Friday for the duration of school closures. Stops will be made between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Where: Go here to see all the routes and maps of all the stops. If families need assistance finding the closest location to them, they can call 225-4700.
Sunnyside Unified School District
What: The Sunnyside district is offering grab-and-go breakfast and lunch to all children ages 1-18. There are no income requirements and no registration required. Meals must be picked up and eaten at home. Both breakfast and lunch can be picked up in one trip. Meals can be picked up at ten of the district's schools, or at bus stops along several different routes. The buses will have mobile hotspots so parents and students who do not have internet at home can access assignments and check teacher communication.
When: Monday-Friday for the duration of school closures. Pick up at schools and bus stops will be from 7:30-10 a.m.
• Find the full list of routes and bus stops here.
• Craycroft Elementary School, 5455 E. Littletown Road
• Drexel Elementary School, 801 E. Drexel Road
• Elvira Elementary School, 250 W. Elvira Road
• Los Amigos Technology Academy, 2200 E. Drexel Road
• Mission Manor Elementary School, 600 W. Santa Rosa St.
• Summit View Elementary School, 1900 E. Summit St.
• Apollo Middle School, 265 W. Nebraska St.
• Los Ninos Elementary, 5445 S. Alvernon Way
• Santa Clara Elementary, 6910 S. Santa Clara Ave.
• Rivera Elementary, 5102 S. Cherry Ave.
Flowing Wells Unified School District
What: All children ages 18 and under can get grab-and-go lunch at six locations. There are no income requirements and no registration is required.
When: Monday through Friday for the duration of school closures. Breakfast pick up is between 7:30-8:30 a.m. Lunch pick up is between noon to 1 p.m
• Walter Douglas Elementary, 3302 N. Flowing Wells Road
• Homer Davis Elementary, 4250 N. Romero Road
• Laguna Elementary, 5001 N. Shannon Road
• J. Robert Hendricks Elementary, 3400 W. Orange Grove Road
• Flowing Wells Junior High, 4545 N. La Cholla Blvd.
• Flowing Wells High School, 3725 N. Flowing Wells Road
Catalina Foothills School District
Students in the Catalina Foothills School District who are eligible for the free and reduced lunch program can pick up grab-and-go meals at schools in the Flowing Wells School District (see locations above), or any other school district's locations offering meals to all children. Students must be 18 and younger.
Marana Unified School District
What: MUSD will be providing grab-and-go breakfast and lunch at 12 schools and Marana Cares Mobile will be set up at two different locations for food distribution. All children under 18 can receive a meal, but must be present during pick up.
When: Monday-Friday for the duration of the school closure.
Starting March 23 and for the duration of the school closure breakfast can be picked up from 7:30-9 a.m. and lunch can be picked up from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at these locations:
- Butterfield Elementary School, 3400 W. Massingale Road
- Coyote Trail Elementary, 8000 N. Silverbell Road
- DeGrazia Elementary School, 5051 W. Overton Road
- Dove Mountain CSTEM K-8, 5650 W. Moore Road
- Estes Elementary School, 11280 W. Grier Road
- Gladden Farms Elementary School, 11745 W. Gladden Farms Drive
- Ironwood Elementary, 3300 W. Freer Drive
- Picture Rocks Elementary: 5875 N. Sanders Road
- Quail Run Elementary: 4600 W. Cortaro Farms Road
- Rattlensnake Ridge Elementary, 8500 N. Continental Reserve Loop
- Roadrunner Elementary: 16651 W. Calle Carmella
- Twin Peaks K-8, 7995 W. Twin Peaks Road
Marana Cares Mobile will be at the following locations:
Amphitheater Public Schools
What: All children under 18 can pick up free grab-and-go meals at Amphitheater Public Schools locations. Drive through service and a walk up option will be available. Kids must be present when meals are being picked up. There are no income requirements and no registration is required.
When: Monday-Friday through the end of school closures. Pick up is from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Amphitheater High School, 125 W. Yavapai Road
• Amphitheater Middle School/LM Prince Elementary School, 315 E. Prince Road
• Canyon Del Oro High School, 25 W. Calle Concordia
• Coronado K-8 School, 3401 E. Wilds Road
• Donaldson Elementary School, 2040 W. Omar Drive
• F.O. Holaway Elementary School, 3500 N. Cherry Ave.
• Helen Keeling Elementary School, 2837 N. Los Altos
• La Cima Middle School, 5600 N. La Canada Drive
• Mesa Verde Elementary School, 1661 W. Sage Street
• E.C. Nash Elementary School, 515 W. Kelso Street
• Rio Vista Elementary School, 1351 E. Limberlost Drive
• Lulu Walker Elementary School, 1750 W. Roller Coaster Road
Go here for more info.
Vail School District
What: Grab-and-go lunch and breakfast will be delivered to several stops on nine different bus routes throughout the Vail School District. The district is implementing a drive through system so families can remain in their vehicles. If families are walking to the stops they are asked to remain in line and observe social distancing. If possible children should accompany adults to pick up meals, and if they are unable to be present adults must complete additional verification to take meals for their children.
When: The service begins March 31 and will continue Monday-Friday for the duration of school closures. Stops will be made between 10 a.m. and noon.
Where: Go here for the routes and stop times.
What: Grab-and-go breakfast and lunch is available for all children under the age of 18 years old. Adults can drive to the campus, and pull forward to the main office where the student drop-of lanes are. Staff will come to the car, count the number of children and give you meals for each child. If you are using public transportation or arriving on foot, look for the orange cone on the sidewalk east of the main doors, wait there and staff will help you. All children receiving a meal must be present at pick up.
When: Monday-Friday for the duration of the school closures. Pick up is between 7-10 a.m.
Where: Presidio School, 1695 E. Fort Lowell Road. Enter through the east entrance of campus.
City Center for Collaborative Learning
What: All children ages 18 and under can receive bagged breakfast and lunch to go. Children must be present at pick up.
When: Monday through Friday for the duration of school closures. Pick up is between 8-10 a.m.
Where: Paulo Freire Freedom School-University at the Historic Y, 300 E. University Blvd. The pick up spot is in the alley directly east of the building on North Herbert Avenue.
Continental Elementary School District
What: Grab-and-go breakfast and lunches are available at six locations for all children from 1 to 18 years old. Children must be present to receive a meal.
When: Monday-Friday starting March 23. Pick up is from 11 a.m. to noon
• Madera Highlands, large park and small park
• Via Alamos Drive, outside main entrance of apartments
• Abrego Drive and Duval Road outside of north gate of Villas Santa Rita
• I-19 and Canoa Road, east side of I-19
• Continental School (parent drop off/pick up area), 1991 E. White House Canyon Road
Sahuarita Unified School District
What: Grab-and-go lunch and breakfast will be available at two sites for all children ages 1 to 18. You can pick up a lunch and a breakfast for the next day when you arrive. Children must be present for meal pick up.
When: Monday-Friday for the duration of school closures. Pick up is from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Wrightson Ridge School, 16325 S. Rancho Sahuarita Boulevard
• Sopori Elementary, 5000 W. Arivaca Road
Altar Valley School District
What:Breakfast and lunch is available for all kids ages 18 and under. Children must be present to receive a meal.
When: Monday-Friday for the duration of school closures. Breakfast will be served from 7:30-9 a.m. and lunch will be served from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Robles Elementary School, 9875 S. Sasabe Road. Breakfast will be served from 7:30-9 a.m. and lunch will be served from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Along bus stops between 9-10 a.m.
- Altar Road and Sasabe Road
- Taylor Lane
- Sierrita Mountain Road at the Speedway
Go here for more information.
Tanque Verde School District
The Tanque Verde Unified School District does not qualify for the federal summer meal program. Children who can receive meals at other school districts' sites including TUSD, Sunnyside, Amphitheater, Marana and Flowing Wells.