The Temple of Music and Art, at 330 S. Scott Ave., ca. 1980s, during a time of disrepair. At one time, the roof was leaking and a back stage area collapsed. Opened in 1927, the structure was meant as a performance art space. Over the years it also became a theater featuring Spanish language movies. In the 1980s, developers bought the structure and sought to demolish it and replacing it with a five-story office building.