Base Hits Tucson Inc. has leased 21,510 square feet of space at 4439 N. Oracle Road to open a D-Bat facility.
The site will have indoor batting cages and personal training for baseball and softball, including developmental youth camps and private lessons, as well as equipment and apparel.
The company also has locations in Mesa and Peoria, as well as in 14 other states.
It will occupy the former Golfsmith space on the northwest corner of Oracle and Wetmore roads, across from the Tucson Mall.
D-Bat was founded in 1998 and began franchising in 2008. Today there are more than 50 locations.
Terry Dahlstrom, of Volk Co., represented the landlord, GVD Commercial Properties Inc., and Roy Drachman, of Roy Drachman Real Estate, represented the tenant.
Other recent commercial transactions include:
- The Quails Apartments, a 288-unit complex at 1120 and 1150 E. Irvington Road, sold to Los Angeles investors for $12.2 million. Alon Shnitzer, with ABI Multifamily, brokered the sale on behalf of the buyer, Irvington Meadows LLC, and the seller, Alpha Wave Investors LLC.
- Country Gardens, a 76-unit apartment complex at 3202 N. Country Club Road, was bought by private investors for $3.4 million. Hamid Panahi and James K. Crawley, with Marcus & Millichap, handled the sale.
- Inspired Fitness LLC leased 2,256 square feet at 100 N. Stone Ave., in the Pioneer Building. Michael Coretz, of Commercial Real Estate Group of Tucson, represented the tenant. David Volk and Bruce Suppes, of CBRE, represented the landlord, Holualoa Pioneer LLC.
- Riesgo Barbershop leased 1,608 square feet at 661 W. Valencia Road from GS Property Investments LLC. Robert J. Nolan, of Oxford Realty Advisors, handled the transaction.
- Reflexology LLC leased 1,200 square feet at Rincon Plaza, on the southwest corner of Golf Links and Harrison Road, from D and D Properties Group Management LLC. Jeramy Price, of Volk Co., handled the transaction.