Downtown had Club Crawl; Main Gate Square has Santa Crawl.
It's a chance for you to channel your inner Santa and do it for a good cause.
The 2nd Annual Main Gate Santa Crawl will benefit Ben's Bells. It starts at 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 12, at Geronimo Square on East University Boulevard, next door to Starbucks.
Here are three rules to the Santa Crawl aka "Santacon":
1. You are highly encouraged to don the outfit or other holiday appropriate attire (elf/tree/Menorah/chicken). A $100 cash prize is up for grabs for the best costume.
2. You should ho-ho-ho like Santa, deep in the belly with a baritone burnish that will have your kids/wife/significant other exclaiming "Where did that come from?!"
3. Santas must be kind. Seriously kind. Little kids look up to you; you hold the key to their Christmas dreams, fantasies and wildest wishes!
The cost is $5 for a wristband that gets you deals at participating merchants including:
•Campus Candy & Yogurt — 20 percent off yogurt, 10 percent off bulk candy.
• Gentle Ben’s – 25 percent off food purchases from 7 to 10 p.m.
• Grand Central Clothing — 40 percent off regularly priced merchandise.
• Illegal Pete's — Live music.
• Kababeque — 10 percent off food.
• No Anchovies — Buy one slice of pizza, get second free.
• Ooo! Outside of Ordinary — 20p percent off regularly priced merchandise.
• Pelio Grill — 10 percent off bill (does not include wine or beer).
• Pasco Kitchen – Santa’s Hot Toddy Station.
• Scented Leaf — 50 percent off all beverages.
• Silver Mine Subs — 25 percent off meal.
• Sonoran Cycles Tucson — 20 percent off all bikes, merchandise and raffle and spinning wheel.
• Wilko – Extended happy hour 7 to 9 p.m.
• Sinbad's Restaurant — Special $12 meals in chicken or lamb; all hookah $10 (Fumari, Al Fakher, Star Buzz, Fantasia) with three people per hookah.
The fun starts with a holiday sing-a-long at 7 p.m. in Geronimo Plaza, 820 E. University Blvd., and a second sing-along at 9 p.m. The University Santa Bar Crawl follows and includes Auld Dubliner Pub, Gentle Bens, Fuku Sushi, Espresso Art Cafe, Illegal Pete's, Frog & Firkin and No Anchovies and Pasco Kitchen & Lounge.